Author photo

By Lee Hughes
Staff reporter 

Fire displaces Cheney family

Medical Lake teacher’s home burns in New Year’s Eve blaze


Last updated 1/14/2020 at 10:59pm

CHENEY — A Cheney family were displaced from their home after a New Year’s Eve fire made their rental home uninhabitable.

Medical Lake Middle School special education teacher Ben Hill and his three children weren’t home when a passerby noticed the fire and dialed 911 between 6:30 – 7 p.m., according to Cheney Fire Department’s Lt. Tim Steiner, the incident commander on the blaze on the 400 block of North 6th Street.

Firefighters from Cheney and Spokane County Fire District 3 were able to quickly contain the fire to a single room but had to remove part of the ceiling to ensure the...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022