Cheney Free Press -

By Lee Hughes
Reporter 

Medical Lake teacher's home burns in New Years Eve blaze

Family displaced until new home can be found

 

Last updated 1/2/2020 at 9:07am

Venus Bratsveen/Cheney Free Press

A fire that broke out New Year's Eve at 439 N. Fourth St. has displaced Medical Lake Middle School special education teacher Ben Hill and his family.

CHENEY - A local family was displace after a New Year's Eve fire made its rental home uninhabitable.

Medical Lake Middle School special education teacher Ben Hill and his three children weren't home when a passerby noticed the fire at 439 N. Sixth St.and dialed 911 at about 6:30–7 p.m., according to Fire Department Lt. Tim Steiner, the incident commander on the blaze.

Firefighters from Cheney and Spokane County Fire District No. 3 were able to quickly contain the fire to a single room, but had to remove part of the ceiling to ensure the fire hadn't spread, Steiner said.

"They're going to...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021