Cheney Free Press -

By JOHN McCALLUM
Editor 

Cheney fire cause ruled undetermined

Candle, wax melter may have led to destruction of three units at Washington Square Apartments last August

 

January 18, 2018

Grace Pohl

Most of the four-unit apartment building destroyed by the August fire at Washington Square Apartments has been torn down. Only the one unit that was mostly undamaged remains.

A fire that destroyed a four-unit building at Cheney's Washington Square Apartments may have been caused by a lit candle and a cluttered computer desk.

According to a report written by Spokane Fire Department investigator Lt. Steve Jones, obtained through a Cheney Free Press public records request, listed the official cause of the Aug. 5 blaze as undetermined. In the report, however, the resident of the unit where the fire began suspects it was a candle at her computer desk.

Shannan Kain told Jones she was in her ground-floor apartment that hot Sunday afternoon seated in her motorized wheel...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019