Cheney Free Press -

LOOKING BACK WITH THE CHENEY HISTORICAL MUSEUM

 

January 18, 2018



One hundred years ago in January 1918, the old “saloon row” south of the railroad tracks was demolished. Located on today’s Cheney-Spangle road, the four saloons had been quickly built, just outside the city limits, in 1910 when Cheney established a local prohibition. But the saloons were forced to close in 1916 when the entire state went dry. Learn more about our area’s history at www.cheneymuseum.org.

...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.






 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018