Looking back with the Cheney Historical Museum
Seventy-five years ago, the Washington Redskins football team arrived in Cheney Aug. 6, 1939 for summer training. Their coach was Ray Flaherty. The players stayed at Sutton Hall and used the college gym. They were in town through Aug 23. Learn more about our area’s history at www.cheneymuseum.org.
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.